Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Citrus-y Fruit Salad


Summer time: time for fruit salad.  I love fruit salad.  So many delicious flavors.  And I think it's even better if you leave it for a few hours, or overnight, and let some of those juices come together.

More often than not I'm peeling an orange to eat after a meal, or grabbing a pink lady apple for snack later.  But I guess it's the right time to pull things together a little more when friends will be eating fruit with you.  It's simply a matter of chopping up fruit, but I like the combination of ruby red grapefruit and orange segments in here.  I think grapefruit and orange is always a good idea.  And the watermelon chunks don't hurt, either.

This salad was good for about 10 servings.

2 ruby red grapefruits
2 oranges
2 cups red grapes
1/8 watermelon, cut into chunks (I used half of a quarter watermelon I got that way at the grocery store)
2 peaches
3/4 cup diced strawberries

Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the fruit for an extra zesty flavor.

Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow this looks fantastic!! What a perfect summertime recipe :) Have a fabulous 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete